Sugar Bay Barbados requires that all guests 19 years and over be fully vaccinated (i.e. all required jabs taken no less than 14 days prior to arrival). This applies to new bookings only. To learn more about this and Barbados' travel guidelines, please visit our Health & Safety page.
We love our island, and we want to preserve its beauty for years to come. That’s why Sugar Bay Barbados follows a rigorous program of sustainability practices, both in and around the hotel.
Sugar Bay Barbados aims to encourage teamwork and solidarity in order to achieve the goal of sustainable tourism development within the community in which it operates. Our strategic intent is "to work today to minimise any negative effect on the environment of Barbados and in the long term to ensure that our community improves through our involvement".
Our commitment to sustainable development Includes:
- Equity and equality in all areas of operation
- Engaging ourselves and others in the community
- Environmental Protection
- Economic development through the use of best practices
- Hire local where possible
- Fair trade Principles
- Use of local products and services where possible in accordance with our purchasing policy.
- Comply with local health and safety, environmental and legal regulations.
- Monitor and report on our environmental performance on an annual basis with attempts to improve over each year.
Our aims and objectives for 2021:
- Minimise resource consumption: encourage re-use and recycling to minimise waste.
- Promote and practice proper solid and liquid waste disposal, including offsite composting of garden waste, and sorting of waste both in the back and front of house.
- Use natural resources like solar, renewable energy and captured water effectively and efficiently.
- Commit to community well-being through beautification initiatives and organising or participating in a minimum of three clean-up activities for 2021.
- Assist less fortunate members of our community.
Sugar Bay Barbados is aware of the positive and negative effects our purchasing actions have on our guests, staff, community and the environment of Barbados.
Environmentally friendly purchasing will result in a clean, safe, healthy, productive and aesthetically pleasing environment, creating a positive image in the local and global market. More importantly environmentally friendly purchasing will allow Sugar Bay Barbados to reduce the negative impact on the environment.
Sugar Bay Barbados is committed to sourcing and purchasing products and services, considering appropriate quality and cost effectiveness that meet the following requirements, whenever possible:
- Recycled products
- Minimal packaging that is reusable or recyclable
- Biodegradable products and packaging
- Energy and water efficient equipment and fittings
- From environmentally responsible suppliers
- Minimal transportation