Sugar Bay Barbados requires that all guests 19 years and over be fully vaccinated (i.e. all required jabs taken no less than 14 days prior to arrival). This applies to new bookings only. To learn more about this and Barbados' travel guidelines, please visit our Health & Safety page.
Health & Safety
Barbados as a destination is doing everything possible to maintain a safe environment for our population and for our valued guests but like the rest of the world, we are faced with the threat of variants, which can devastate our island.
At this time, we believe that the best way to safeguard the health and well-being of our guests and staff is through vaccination. As such, Sugar Bay Barbados will only accept new bookings from those who are fully vaccinated at the time of travel. Fully vaccinated means all required jabs taken at least 14 days prior to travel. Children 0 – 18 years are exempt from this requirement and bookings made prior to September 15th will be honoured, regardless of vaccination status, subject to the required protocols.
At Sugar Bay Barbados, our protocols include:
- Physical distancing through reorganizing the layout of our restaurants and public areas.
- Signage to inform of best practice requirements.
- Appropriate safety wear for our team.
- Cleaning products that meet the EPA guidelines.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
- Training our team on the best practices for keeping themselves and you, our valued guests, safe.